The Blue Point Siamese is one of the most popular and recognizable cat breeds. With their distinctive blue-gray colored points and striking appearance, these affectionate and vocal cats make wonderful family pets. Read on to learn all about this elegant Siamese breed.
Introduction the Blue Point Siamese Cat Breeds
The Blue Point Siamese cat originated in Thailand, and is one of the original color variations of the traditional Siamese breed. Often nicknamed the “Maltese Siamese”, Blue Points first emerged when breeders started crossing Siamese cats with blue-gray coats. This breeding gave rise to kittens with the typical Siamese body and face structure, but with a muted blue-gray hue. Over time, it became an established breed on their own.
Today, these cats are known for being highly intelligent, playful, and extremely affectionate with their families. They form strong bonds with their owners and are highly communicative, with a tendency to “talk” in melodic meows and chirps. While their beauty and warm nature makes them ideal pets, their dependence on people means these cats are not suited for frequently empty homes.
Affectionate with Family: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Amount of Shedding: ⭐⭐
General Health: ⭐⭐⭐
Potential for Playfulness: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Tendency to Vocalize: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Friendly Toward Strangers: ⭐⭐
Easy to Groom: ⭐⭐
Pet Friendly: ⭐⭐⭐
- Appearance: Blue Point Siamese have the characteristic triangular head shape and slender, tubular body of the Siamese breed. Their coats are light beige or cream colored, with cool grayish-blue points on the face, ears, paws, and tail. Their eyes are a striking blue.
- Characteristics: Smart, communicative, bonded with owners. Require lots of play, interaction, and stimulation. Prone to separation anxiety.
- Popularity: A very popular Siamese variety. Ranked as 29th most popular breed by the Cat Fanciers’ Association.
- Temperament: Affectionate, vocal, active, and social. Form close bonds and enjoy being involved in family activities.
- Lifespan: 11-15 years
- Coat Color: Beige or light gray body with blue-gray points. Points appear at 10-14 days old.
- Breed Origins: A variant of the original Siamese breed. Mix of traditional Siamese crossed with blue-coated cats. Considered an original breed today.
Blue Point Siamese Cat Care
- High protein cat foods with meat as first ingredient. Supports muscle development.
- Wet and dry food. Cats need moisture from wet food.
- Digestive care formulas. Sensitivedigestion.
- Lots of vertical space to climb and perch. Keeps active and entertained.
- Noisy toys that keep them stimulated when alone. Prevents boredom.
- Sunny windows and sills for napping. Cats love warmth and views.
- Weekly brushing. Reduces shedding and matting in soft coat.
- Nail trimming. Prevents scratches and discomfort.
- Oral hygiene. Helps avoid dental disease.
- Care: Interactive play, puzzles, quality time together. Alleviates separation stress.
Getting a Blue Point Siamese
- Popular in: United States, United Kingdom, Australia
- Average Price: $600 – $1200 USD
- Adoption: Siamese Rescue Center, Siamese Cat Adoption & Rescue Society
- Respiratory issues
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Heart defects
- Eye issues
Preparing for a Blue Point Siamese
- Have an abundance of toys on hand
- Make time for daily play and cuddling
- Cat-proof your home from damage
- Care: Provide proper food, enrichment toys, window perches, litter box. Groom weekly. Check-ups at vet.
- Essentials: Scratching posts, interactive toys, tall cat tree, grooming tools, pet carrier.
- Health Issues: Respiratory infections, megacolon, heart defects, eye issues.
- Vaccines: FVRCP, Feline Leukemia, Rabies. Regular vet visits.
Naming Your Blue Point Siamese
- Give a short 1-2 syllable name that is easy to say repeatedly to get their attention.
- Examples: Luna, Leo, Jade, Finn, Ollie
Do Blue point siamese cat like going out rather than staying home?
Blue Points prefer staying indoors near their families. Outdoor access should be limited.
Is a Blue point siamese cat a Smart cat?
Yes, the Siamese is one of the most intelligent cat breeds.
How many type of Blue point siamese cat?
4 – seal, chocolate, blue, and lilac point.
How to stop Blue point siamese cat Bitting?
Redirect biting to appropriate toys, say “no” firmly, and ignore them if it continues.
How to stop Blue point siamese cat Scratch?
Provide scratching posts. Trim nails regularly. Use cat-safe deterrent sprays.
How to do Socialisation and Raising Friendly for Blue point siamese cat?
Handle frequently from young age. Reward good behavior. Expose to new people positively.
How to Train your Blue point siamese cat?
Use reward-based clicker training. Siamese are highly trainable.
How long should we check for Blue point siamese cat’s health with vet?
Annual exams. Senior cats twice a year. When any health concerns arise.
Are Blue point siamese cat good family pets?
Yes, when socialized properly. Need lots of play and interaction.
Are Blue point siamese cat cats good with children?
Yes, if treated gently. Should be supervised.
Are Blue point siamese cat cats good with other animals?
Can adapt, but need slow introductions.
Can Blue point siamese cat cause allergies?
Moderate shedding, so possible, but not as likely as more shedding breeds.
Are Blue point siamese cat ferocious?
No, Blue Points have sweet, gentle dispositions.
Are Blue point siamese cat have much hair loss problems?
No major predisposition to hair loss or shedding. Low grooming needs.
Are you a cat lover who wants to learn more about your furry friends? Do you want to find the best cat food, cat care tips, and resources for your cats? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Welcome to Cat Food Site, the ultimate website for cat enthusiast.
Here you will find everything you need to know about cats Breed, from their health and behavior to their breeds, cat diet and names. You will also discover the latest cat news, cat nutrition, trends, and memes from around the web.