June is National Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month, and there are more cats in need than ever due to the onset of kitten season. Check out our articles for great tips on adopting cats, a cat adoption checklist, and more!
But what if you can’t adopt? Here are a few quick ways you can keep helping:
- Make a Facebook donation. In the “Simply paste the following statement into the “What’s on your mind?” box at the top of your page: “June is Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month. Save a life by adopting a cat!
- The following should be tweeted, retweeted, and reposted (or your own fantastic message): “Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month is in June. Save a life by adopting a cat!
- A donation wish list or other poster that you can post around your office or neighborhood may be available from your local animal shelter or animal rescue organization (you can seek for organizations in your area here). You may aid in spreading the word about any special events they may hold in observance of Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month.
- Post a new article about cat adoption, cat care, or an adoptable cat to your blog, Facebook page, Pinterest board, or Twitter account every day of the month.
- By volunteering at a shelter or as a foster parent, you may brag about how awesome it is to your friends.
- Make a donation to the Catfoodsite or a nearby shelter or animal rescue group.
- Add a Catfoodsite widget or banner to your blog or website.
- Write a commentary on the advantages of pet adoption for your local newspaper.
- Offer to snap pictures of the animals up for adoption at your local shelter or animal rescue group and share the pictures on Catfoodsite. Contact the closest animal shelter or rescue group. A foundation in honor of Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month.
- The importance of adopting pets should be made clear to the next generation. With your children, nieces, nephews, grandkids, and other future generations, talk about adopting a shelter cat and the importance of pet adoption in general, as well as Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month.
Do we have something missing? Share your own opinions with us!
Wondering about Best Cat & Cute Kitten Names? Check it out on our latest post!