What’s more fun than playing with your favorite feline? Here’s how to make a feather wand your cat will absolutely adore.
Our friends at Friskies created the Friskies Do-It-Yourself Toy Maker Series of videos to help kitties everywhere live more fun, fulfilling lives. Today, we’ll show you their creative take on steps to make a fun feather wand toy. Take a look:
What You’ll Need
- 2 colors of yarn
- 1 wooden dowel
- 1 needle and thread
- 1 wooden bead
- A little bit of blue string
- 1 thin leather strap
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 drill
What to Do
- Using your thumb to hold it in place, wrap your first spool of yarn around your hand.
- Cut the end. And add the other color!
- Next, carefully take the yard off your hand and, using your blue string, tie them up in the middle.
- Cut the loops. You got yourself a yarn ball!
- Take your leather strap and sew it to the yarn ball.
- Using another shorter leather strap, sew the feathers to the end.
- Slide the wooden bead over the base of the feathers.
- Tie the shorter leather strap to the longer one.
- Remember the drill? Time to use it!
- Put the strap through the hole and tie off the end.
That’s it! You’ve got a brand new feather wand to play with together. For more fun and helpful cat tips, visit Catfoodsite.com
Wondering about How to Play with Your Cat in 9 Fun Ways? Check it out on our latest post!