Could your cat use a cute, fun place to spend some quality time with herself now and then? Check out this DIY cat tipi that may be the purrfect spot.
Our friends at Friskies® created the Friskies Do-It-Yourself Toy Maker Series of videos to help kitties everywhere live more fun, fulfilling lives. Today, we’ll show you how to make a cat tipi – just the thing for cats who enjoy a little seclusion occasionally. Here’s steps to make one:
What You’ll Need
- 1 rope
- 1 blanket
- 1 safety pin
- 5 sticks
- 1 pair of scissors
What to Do
- Take two sticks and lean a third one on top.
- Tie it all together with a figure eight knot. Tighten it all up and you got yourself a tipi skeleton. Sort of.
- Put the fabric on the Tipi to keep it warm and pin it at the top.
- Tie them all together. Keep tying. You’re almost there!
- Fold your fabric in half and cut along the dotted line.
- Use the fourth and fifth sticks to support the others.
- Throw in a rug for good measure and…
You’re done! Now your cat has a nice cozy spot to enjoy, away from all the usual household hubbub. A few minutes purring on the rug inside is sure to keep kitty’s new cat tipi nice and warm, too!
Want to watch more fun and helpful cat tips? Visit Catfoodsite.com
Wondering about DIY Cat Toys: How to Make a Feather Wand? Check it out on our latest post!